We recently had the pleasure of watching a preview of the documentary that Jennifer Siebel Newsom is producing and co-directing, entitled “Women and Power.”
Because Cartier has a rich history in supporting the film arts, they decided to help support the project by hosting a private cocktail party (with co-hosts Gavin Newsom, Regina Kulik Scully & Kimberlee Acquaro) at their beautiful Post Street store in San Francisco, where the preview was shown.
Guests such as Louisette Geiss, Daphne Zuniga, Kristi Yamaguchi and other supporters of the project mingled among Cartier’s exquisite collections before Jennifer spoke. In her introduction she explained that the purpose of the film is to ask “Why are women under-represented in spheres of power and influence within the United States, and what can we do about it?”
The preview featured appearances from very prominent women in entertainment, politics, and media. We found Jane Fonda’s input especially thought provoking.
For exclusive interviews of Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Louisette Geiss, Kristi Yamaguchi, Willie Brown, Joy Bianchi, Robert Atkinson, Karen Caldwell and Lily Samii, you can see Elisabeth Laurence of “Lives of Style” by visiting this link.
- Photos: Drew Altizer [drewaltizer.com]
- Film: “Women And Power” [girlsclubentertainment.com]
- Shopping: Cartier [250 Post Street, San Francisco]
- Video Production: Bruce Williams [lizardbrainproductions.com]
- Video Host: Elisabeth Laurence, “Lives of Style”
- Interview: Jennifer Siebel Newsom [sfluxe.net]
- Interview: Kristi Yamaguchi [sfluxe.net]
- Interview: Joy Bianchi, Karen Caldwell and Lily Samii [sfluxe.net]
- Interview: Willie Brown [sfluxe.net]
- Interview: Louisette Geiss [sfluxe.net]