Many consider their cars to simply be modes of transportation from one place to another. Others see them as works of art. Accordingly, some people choose to spend as little money as possible on a simple “daily driver” car, while others make a significant investment in high-quality luxury cars.
But in any case, it’s essential for all drivers to carry adequate insurance coverage, protecting themselves, their car, and personal property inside the car. But if you have a luxury car, it’s important to consider adding additional coverage, or raising the level of insurance to protect your investment. Keep in mind, as well, that when you purchase a more expensive vehicle, you’re going to have to pay more to insure it because the insurance company is going to have to pay more for repairs or replacement if you are the cause of an accident.
Luxury Car Insurance
Some insurance companies offer additional insurance discounts for luxury car owners. Here are some tips to get a good discount:
- If you don’t intend to drive your car on a daily basis, or you plan to keep low miles on your luxury vehicle, ask about low-mileage discounts.
- Joining a car owner’s club or prestige car club may enable you to take advantage of additional discounts on your car insurance.
- Shop different policy plans and different insurance providers to find an insurance plan that fits your needs.
- Don’t let your teen drive your luxury car. Your rates will increase if you add your 17-year-old to your policy.
- Use a deductible to keep your costs down. Don’t get a $1500 deductible, but a $250 to $500 deductible can actually make a significant difference in your premiums.
When it comes to auto insurance, make sure you have adequate coverage to protect yourself and others in the event of a collision or other unexpected event. And if you’ree the owner of a luxury car, you may wish to add additional coverage to make sure your expensive purchase is properly protected.
Here are some luxury car insurance providers we’ve found: