C5 stands for cut, carat, clarity, color and consciousness. C5 is also the name of a jewelry company based in San Francisco that only sells pieces from designers that make “sustainable” jewelry, things that are made from recycled metals, ethically sourced gems or lab-created gems.
Meghan Connolly Haupt founded the company because “Like many other consumers today, I appreciate beauty and craftsmanship, and strongly believe that both should be attainable without having to make compromises,” she says.
“I recognized a void in what was being offered by the traditional diamond and jewelry industry conscious consumers had no options.”
Designers that are represented include Alberto Parada, Amber Marie Bently, Gary Ptak, Jennifer Dawes, Kimarie Burnette, and Lori Bonn.
The Mollusk Necklace, by Amber Marie Bently – $3,600 via C5company.com
Jewelry can be purchased online, or if you go to the W Hotel in San Francisco (181 3rd Street) this Thursday, March 19, 2009 (from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm), you can peruse the collections in person.
- Further Information: C5company [c5company.com]
- Jewelry Designer: Amber Marie Bently [ambermariebently.com]
- Jewelry Designer: Lori Bonn [loribonn.com]
- Event Location: W Hotel, 181 3rd Street, San Francisco
- Event Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
- Event Questions: Call 1-888-536-4555