Every year, Working Mother magazine selects one outstanding woman to be named “Mother of the Year.” But this year, in honor of the magazine’s 30th birthday, the magazine has selected 30 women nationally to be given the award, and the only woman in the San Francisco bay area to be selected is Blair Christie, a Senior Vice President at Cisco.
The 2009 honorees were chosen from an avalanche of applicants from across the country and will be honored at Working Mother’s 30th birthday party on May 8 in New York City, in the May issue of Working Mother and at www.workingmother.com.
This year’s Working Mothers of the Year are (in alphabetical order):
* Jenny Barrett; Branch Manager, M&T Bank; Upper Marlboro, Md.
* Belinda Caballero Sloat; SVP, Bank of America; Rockville, Md.
* Blair Christie; SVP, Cisco; San Jose, Calif.
* Yolanda Conyers; Vice President of Diversity, Lenovo; Austin, Texas
* Kim Deschamps; Social Worker, Cooperative Academy for Responsive Education (CARE); Crestwood, Ill.
* Kimberley Euston; Sr. Client Relationship Exec., PWC; Marietta, Ga.
* Colleen Fahey Rush; EVP, Strategic Insights and Research, MTV Networks; New York, NY
* Cheila Fernandez; Client Service Professional, Deloitte; Philadelphia, Pa.
* Alexis Franzese; Teaching/Research Assistant, Psychology, Duke University; Durham, N.C.
* Vivian Fresco; Manager, Information Systems, AstraZeneca; Wilmington, Del.
* Lisa Gurry; Senior Director, MSN Division of Microsoft; Seattle, Wash.
* Theresa Heaney; Personnel Manager, Wal-Mart; Tampa, Fla.
* Laurelle Johnson; Creative President, Innerwealth Communications; Los Angeles, Calif.
* Cheryl Keegan; Process Scientist, Abbott; Abbott Park, Ill.
* Rose Kirk; VP, Distribution, Verizon Wireless; Basking Ridge, N.J.
* Shannon Kirkpatrick; Tax Managing Director, KPMG; Baton Rouge, La.
* Mary Ranee Leder; Attending Physician, Child Advocacy Center at Nationwide Children’s Hospital; Columbus, Ohio
* Janet Liang; President, Kaiser Permanente, Hawaii Region; Honolulu, Hawaii
* Harriet Mendl; Teacher and Assistant Director, The Children’s Center at Purchase College; Purchase, N.Y.
* Linda Mona; Clinical Psychologist, Veterans Affairs Long Beach Healthcare System; Long Beach, Calif.
* Michelle Obama; First Lady of the United States; Washington, D.C.
* Denise O’Brien; E-Bonding Solutions, AT&T; Hamburg, N.J.
* Maruiel Perkins-Chavis; VP, Workforce Effectiveness/Diversity, Marriott; Upper Marlboro, Md.
* Jennifer Roxburgh; Manager, Commercial Application Services, IBM; Atlanta, Ga.
* PJ Scelfo; Recruit Sustainment Program Specialist, NJ Army National Guard; Sea Girt, N.J.
* Larissa Sellers; Nurse, Roanoke Pediatrics; Bedford, Va.
* Susan Sobbott; President, American Express OPEN; New York, N.Y.
* Shantelle Thomas; Director and Sr. Actuary, Allstate; Northbrook, Ill.
* Nicole Dawn Vetter; Teacher, Damiansville Elementary School; Damiansville, Ill.
* Tujuanna Williams; Senior Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Freddie Mac; McLean, Va.
“I’m especially thrilled to honor First Lady Michelle Obama,” said Carol Evans, President of Working Mother Media. “As Mom-In-Chief, she is a powerful role model for the all of us.”