Audrey Hepburn’s son Luca Dotti recently wrote a beautiful book as a tribute to his mother titled “Audrey at Home,” featuring 50 of her favorite recipes, and giving insight into how the legendary actress, humanitarian, and style icon, lived a life of health, love and vitality.
Here is one of our favorite recipes from the book — Sea Bass en Papillote, from the famous Pandeli’s restaurnt in Istanbul.
Audrey Hepburn’s Sea Bass en Papillote
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- A few sprigs each fresh parsley and basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 potatoes, boiled, peeled, and sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 sea bass fillets, approximately 2¼ pounds total
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes with the shallot, parsley, and basil.
- You will need 8 sheets of aluminum foil. Set out 4 sheets.
- On each sheet, prepare a bed with potato slices and the thyme sprigs.
- Lay a sea bass fillet on the potatoes and thyme
- Top each fillet with salt, pepper, and the chopped tomato mixture
- Enclose each aluminum “packet” with the second sheet, being careful to seal each well so that no sauce escapes, but leaving room above the fish so it won’t cling to the foil.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Carefully open the packets directly at the table when you serve the fish.
Audrey at Home, by Luca Doti